Help keep your immune system sharp and strong with these 10 delicious, super immune boosting foods!
1. Red bell peppers—red bell peppers have twice as much vitamin C as an orange or grapefruit.
2. Garlic—garlic has been praised for centuries for its infection-fighting properties.
3. Ginger—in addition to fighting colds, ginger can also help lower cholesterol and lessen chronic pain.
4. Leafy greens—greens are rich sources of immune-supporting vitamin E and antioxidants.
5. Almonds, walnuts, and pecans—nuts provide a healthy source of vitamin E plus good fats.
6. Grass-fed beef—beef is rich in vitamin B12, which is crucial for your immune system’s red and white blood cells, and protein is vital for a strong immune response.
7. Cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cabbage)— the fatty acid butyrate that is produced when your gut flora breaks down fiber can boost your immune function and protect against autoimmunity.
8. Eggs—eggs are excellent sources of immune-supporting zinc and iron.
9. Wild Alaskan salmon—salmon is a good source of immune-boosting selenium, plus anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats.
10. Orange vegetables (carrots, winter squash, sweet potatoes)—these are rich in carotenoids which support strong immune function.