Could your teeth be slowly killing you?


My Cart
Checkout Secure

Could your teeth be slowly killing you?

Mar 29, 2017 0 comments
Could your teeth be slowly killing you?

The average person probably isn’t knowingly trying to slowly kill themselves. 

But unfortunately, there is a silent, deadly toxin in many people’s teeth that is wreaking havoc with their health and life…and they don’t even know it!

That deadly toxin is mercury—specifically mercury in amalgam dental fillings.

Here’s what you must know about this lethal element and how to escape its deadly effects.

What mercury really is

Mercury (Hg) is one of the basic chemical elements…but that doesn’t mean it’s safe!

It’s actually a carcinogen (cancer-causing substance), a mutagen (something that causes dangerous changes to your cellular DNA) and a potent neurotoxin (meaning it has a destructive effect on your brain and central nervous system).

Why it’s especially dangerous

The reason mercury is so dangerous is it bio-accumulates, meaning your body holds on to it, it's difficult to eliminate and it increases its concentration over time.  So even minuscule exposure can become potentially dangerous to your health.

Here are just some of mercury’s deadly effects:

  • It binds to your enzymes and proteins and damages your cells. This can eventually lead to failure of organ systems such as the lungs, kidneys and especially the nervous system.
  • Mercury exposure can cause mental dysfunction, fatigue, poor memory, decreased senses of touch, hearing, and vision, ringing/noise in the ears, depression, emotional problems, neurological and muscular disorders, kidney and gastrointestinal problems, infertility and heart disease.
  • It acts as an immunosuppressant, weakening your immune system and spurring the development of autoimmune diseases.
  • It can cross the placenta and lead to birth defects and neurological problems in babies.

A deadly toxin—but it’s “safe” in your teeth?

One of the most widespread sources of mercury exposure is dental amalgam fillings.

These fillings are commonly called “silver fillings” but don’t be fooled—they’re 50 percent mercury!

And considering what has been proven about mercury’s deadly effects, it’s literally astonishing that the American Dental Association (ADA) still supports the use of amalgam fillings, and most dentists are still blindly using this technique, especially when there are safer alternatives like composites!

Now, don’t make the mistake of thinking that if your amalgam fillings are old, the danger must be long gone. 

Not so.  It’s a known fact that every time a person with an amalgam filling chews (either food or gum), mercury vapor is released into that person’s body with a clear path to your brain, nervous system, kidneys and more. 

Plus mercury is also released when you drink hot beverages, grind your teeth or even get a routine cleaning!

Get on the path to safety

If you have amalgam fillings in your mouth, chances are excellent your body’s mercury level is through the roof, and I urge you to ask your doctor to do a heavy metals test.

The next step is to get that poison out of your mouth, but that can be tricky because amalgam removal can cause a tidal wave-like surge of mercury into your body if it’s not done properly.

Special precautions must be taken during amalgam removal including putting a rubber dam in your mouth, using cold water spray to minimize vapors and quickly suctioning out the area with the little “dentist’s vacuum” (evacuator).  

The good news is there are holistic, mercury-free dentists who are very skilled at amalgam removal and replacement with safe materials.  You can locate a dentist in your area by visiting  

Fight back and help your body detox

Here are some very important measures you can take to help your body detox and counteract any harmful effects mercury may have already had on you:

1) Have a healthy diet of real foods and consider a multi-vitamin

The nutrients found in wholesome real foods like fruits, vegetables, meats, poultry and whole grains are essential for your body to be able to rid itself of mercury. 

When your nutrient levels are low, mercury has much greater access to your cells and can even "lock out" your nutrients as it starts on its path of destruction. 

Plus adequate fiber is crucial.  Fiber binds to heavy metals like mercury and helps move them out of your body.

If you feel your diet may be lacking, or you just want to be sure to have all bases covered, consider supplementing with a top-notch multi-vitamin and mineral formula like Super Core.

2) Probiotic supplementation

Probiotics like Super Shield help the digestive process, strengthen your gut wall and encourage regular bowel movements--which are all vital to eliminating mercury.

Plus probiotics can help counteract any effects that mercury may have already had on challenging and weakening your immune system.

3) Chelation therapy

Chelation therapy helps clear heavy metals from your body, and it’s typically done by an IV.

Since it is more of a holistic therapy, most mainstream doctors may look at you like you have two heads if you ask about it.  You can search out a practitioner by visiting the American Board of Clinical Metal Toxicology at  And if you’re in the New York metropolitan area, Dr. John Salerno in Manhattan is an outstanding physician who is very experienced in chelation. 

4) Milk thistle supplementation

Milk thistle is very supportive to your liver, which is your primary organ of detox. 

Do what you can to eliminate toxic mercury from your body and help it heal from its deadly effects. 

Your health and life just may depend on it.

To your health,

Sherry Brescia

Older Post Newer Post


Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published

Added to cart!