At this stage of our scientific evolution, you would think that the human body would be pretty well mapped out by now and there are no surprises left in terms of how we’re put together.
Well, you would be wrong.
Researchers at the University of Virginia School of Medicine have discovered that your brain is directly connected to your immune system by lymphatic vessels that were previously thought not to exist.
This stunning discovery actually means medical school textbooks need to be rewritten…but that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
Shedding new light on neurological conditions
Up until now, the immune system component in neurological conditions like multiple sclerosis (MS), autism and Alzheimer’s has been a bit of a mystery.
For example, people with MS suffer impairments in their mobility and coordination because their immune system eats away at the protective covering of their nerves, but it was never clear exactly how this happened.
Well, now we know there’s a rather distinct pathway between the two!
Alzheimer's is characterized by the accumulation of big protein chunks in the brain. It’s entirely possible that those chunks may be accumulating because they're not being properly “washed away” by these newly-discovered lymphatic vessels.
And in autism, a condition that has exploded from 1 in 10,000 in 1983 to currently 1 in 45 children, it’s time to explore ALL possibilities as to what is affecting our kids’ immune systems and how these factors may be triggering this heartbreaking condition.
The more these lymphatic channels are studied, the more hope there will be for people suffering from these and other neurological conditions.
Its resume is growing
A healthy immune system clearly does SO much more than merely protect you against colds, viruses, flu and infections.
A strong immune system also protects you against diseases like cancer.
A sharp immune system recognizes that things like cat dander, ragweed, and shellfish aren’t harmful invaders that should cause you sneezing, congestion and make you swell up.
A smart, properly functioning immune system knows better than to attack your body with various autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s, lupus, psoriasis and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
And now it sure looks like an intelligent immune system can even reduce your chances of developing a devastating neurological condition!
They’re under attack!
Unfortunately, our immune systems are constantly under attack from various stressors:
Physical stressors like viruses, harmful bacteria, parasites or fungi, as well as medications (especially antibiotics and birth control pills) and alcohol.
Emotional/mental stressors include stress from jobs, relationships, and life-changing events.
Environmental stressors are the largest, most uncontrollable category of stressors. They include things like:
- Air and water pollution
- Chemicals and toxins in food and the environment
- Heavy metal exposure from vaccines, amalgam fillings, tap water, wood stains, and pipes
- Vehicle exhaust
Take care of yours
Now more than ever before, it’s essential to take care of your increasingly important immune system!
In addition to having a healthy diet of real foods and avoiding the above immune system stressors as much as possible, nutritional supplementation can go a long way in supporting strong, sharp immune function.
Here are three superstars that can help you nurture your immune system so it can protect you like it’s supposed to!
- Super Shield multi-strain probiotic formula. Since 70 percent of your immune system resides in your intestinal tract, having a strong, healthy flora balance is crucial to support proper immune function. Nothing beats Super Shield in terms of quality and variety of strains, plus Super Shield even contains prebiotics to help nourish these important little microbes.
- Hydroxaden 2.5 vitamin B12 formula. B12 is essential for the formation of the white blood cells that comprise your immune system. It’s also a very common deficiency, so supplementation helps ensure you have enough of this crucial nutrient.
- Optimum DK Formula with FruiteX-B®. Although best known for building strong bones, vitamin D also helps to prevent excessive, inflammatory immune responses, such as those that are seen in autoimmune conditions and allergic reactions.
Treat your immune system like the precious gold that it is.
You couldn’t do anything more important for your health and life.
To your health,Sherry Brescia