To say that the last 6 months have been an unprecedented challenge is a vast understatement…and hats off to all individuals who have tried their best to unravel this situation and look for real answers.
In the course of conducting studies and examining trends, one fact that has continued to emerge is that the existence of co-morbidities exponentially increases the risk of COVID-19 infection, severity and death.
These include: High blood pressure, heart disease, cancer, diabetes, insulin resistance, chronic inflammation, autoimmune diseases and obesity. Conditions such as these affects and impair the overall functioning of your body’s systems (including the immune system!) and place someone at a very scary disadvantage when it comes to any infection—COVID included.
Simply put, your poor body cannot fight off illness like it was designed to!
But co-morbidities are not the only factor at work here.
Because nutrients (or specifically a lack thereof) play a huge role too!
And one that is especially crucial is Vitamin D!
Here’s the story:
Vitamin D—strong protection against COVID-19
Although more and more health benefits of Vitamin D continue to emerge, most people still associate it with strong bones.
That’s very true, but there’s much more to it than that. Here is a more complete picture of its resume:
- Maintaining proper blood sugar levels—vital for diabetics (a co-morbid factor)
- Digestion and absorption of nutrients
- Lower blood pressure (another co-morbid factor)
- Heart and cardiovascular health (another one)
- Proper immune function—especially with respect to autoimmune diseases (and another)
- Prevention of mood swings
- Neurological health
- Muscle health
- Skin and hair health
- Proper pancreatic function--crucial for blood sugar control (yet another co-morbid factor)
- Reproductive health
- Respiratory health (COVID-19 is a respiratory virus!)
- Proper carbohydrate and fat metabolism
With all the ways that Vitamin D can counteract COVID-19 risks and support strong immune function, it should be no wonder that deficiency in this super-nutrient has been shown to dramatically increase someone’s risk of contracting the virus and possibly succumbing to it.
As a matter of fact, research has shown that COVID-19 patients with inadequate Vitamin D levels (between 20 and 30 ng/mL) have a sevenfold higher risk of death than those with levels above 30 ng/mL.
And people with serious deficiency of less than 20 ng/mL have a 12 times greater death risk!
Could YOU be running low?
The answer to that is: Absolutely!
Current estimates show that up to 90 percent of us has a degree of Vitamin D deficiency!
Here are some deficiency risk factors to look out for:
- You live in the north where sunlight is limited for a good portion of the year.
- You wear sunscreen. Sunscreens block your skin’s natural production of Vitamin D.
- You have dark skin. Dark skinned individuals don’t produce as much Vitamin D as lighter skinned people.
- You're over age 50. As we age, our skin’s production of Vitamin D decreases.
- You're overweight. Since Vitamin D is fat-soluble, your body fat can act like a sponge and sop up the Vitamin D.
- You have digestive issues or have had your gallbladder out. Digestive problems or weakened bile from missing your gallbladder can affect your abilty to digest and absorb fats, which are needed for your body to absorb Vitamin D.
- You feel moody or depressed. Vitamin D is essential for mental health. Many people with depression have reported noticing a significant improvement in their symptoms with Vitamin D supplementation.
Make sure you have enough!
With all that Vitamin D does for you, it’s crucial to make sure your body maintains health-supporting levels of this vital nutrient!
Your overall health and quite possibly your life could depend on it!
Let Optimum DK Formula with FruiteX-B fill this critical need for you. Optimum DK Formula contains a therapeutic 5,000 IU dose of Vitamin D3, plus its important partners Vitamin K (in the forms of K1 and K2) and the mineral boron.
All of these nutrients work synergistically to help enhance your health in so many ways as well as fight disease!
Two more fun facts about Vitamin D
Here are 2 more things that you probably didn’t know about Vitamin D:
1- The recommended daily allowance of 600 IUs is WAAAAY too low
When the RDAs were established for Vitamin D, they were based only on its role in bone health. So the paltry RDA of 600 IUs is only about enough to help make sure you don’t get rickets!
But as I mentioned above, Vitamin D is also crucial for your cardiovascular health, your immune system, blood sugar control, maintaining blood pressure, cancer prevention and fighting depression, among many other things!
A health-supporting, therapeutic, COVID-19 preventing dose of Vitamin D is 5,000 IUs. (That’s why I designed Optimum DK Formula to provide this dosage.)
2- It’s more like a hormone than a vitamin
Vitamin D functions more like a hormone (similar to estrogen, adrenaline or testosterone) than a vitamin.
Hormones work by looking for cells that have “receptors” for the particular hormone, and then attach themselves to the specific cells to carry out their work.
Well, most of your body’s cells have Vitamin D “receptors” on them (that should clue you in on how important and versatile it is), and that is how Vitamin D works its magic in your body!
Embrace the power of Vitamin D to enhance your health and help prevent viruses of all kinds today!
To your health,