Even though probiotics are probably best known for helping to ease gas, bloating and constipation, that's just the beginning.
Impressive immune intervention
Since 70 percent of your immune system resides in your gut, this is a HUGE
job for probiotics!
Here are all the things they're quietly doing behind the scenes for your immune health:
- Preventing and treating diarrhea from antibiotics
- Preventing infections by making (natural) antibiotic and antifungal substances
- Preventing and alleviating eczema, allergies and asthma
- Preventing food poisoning
- Breaking down bacterial toxins
- Having antitumor and anticancer effects
- Preventing and controlling thrush, vaginal yeast infections and bladder infections
- Protecting against and easing autoimmune diseases
Probiotics can also help beef up your metabolism by:
- Breaking down hormones and rebuilding new ones
- Promoting healthy body weight
- Breaking down old, worn out bile acids
- Manufacturing 5-10 percent of all short-chain fatty acids (which help keep your cell
- Reducing blood ammonia levels in people with liver disease
Probiotics even enhance the health of your heart and entire circulatory system by helping to:
- Normalize serum cholesterol and triglycerides
- Support healthy blood pressure levels
Probiotics can also protect your gums and teeth by helping to fight the dangerous bacteria that are responsible for gingivitis and periodontitis.
But they're only vacationing!
With all that those helpful little inhabitants in your gut do for you, it's not only just a good idea but VITAL to make sure that your supply stays strong.
And this is where SO many people fall seriously short
We're constantly faced with factors all around us that can harm or deplete our population of friendly flora.
2. Medications (especially birth control pills, antibiotics and acid reducers)
3. Environmental toxins and pollutants
4. Chlorinated water
6. Lacking sleep
7. Eating processed/junk/fast food
In addition, contrary to what many people believe, the beneficial bacteria in your gut are NOT "permanent residents
Instead they "vacation
" in your body for about 12 days, tops
So even if your gut good guys are strong and numerous at a certain point in time, that can change rapidly
That's why it's so important to nurture them, day in and day out.
Pamper your little protectors
In addition to avoiding the harmful factors I mentioned above, in order to maximize your chances of having a proper flora balance, it's important to supplement with a high quality probiotic formula that contains both Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium species.
Lactobacillus bacteria live in your small intestine, while Bifidobacterium strains populate your colon.
So to take a probiotic formula that has just one or the other is selling a portion of your intestinal tract short!
Super Shieldprobiotic formula
and its 13 strains of top-shelf friendly bacteria can help keep your intestinal flora where it needs to be--from end to end!
contains a variety of well-studied Lactobacillus AND Bifidobacterium strains, as well as a prebiotic fiber called FOS (fructo-oligosaccharides
) which is nourishment for those important good guys.
Just like you (hopefully!) keep your car engine running smoothly with regular fill-ups, oil changes and maintenance, it's crucial to keep your body running smoothly by nurturing your friendly flora.
Not just when you get sick or constipated--ALL the time
Taking care of your gut good guys is nothing you should take lightly--it's arguably the most important step you can take to ensure lifelong good health.
And trust me, the little guys will thank you in countless ways.
To your health,
PS: We're on Facebook! Like us here: - https://www.facebook.com/HolisticBlends
Follow me on Twitter @sherry_brescia and Instagram @sherrybrescia
PPS: I am available for bookings as a speaker! For more details go to: http://www.holisticblends.com/category-s/1855.htm